Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Grundy moveing to single A in 2007?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Grundy moveing to single A in 2007?

    I heard a rumor that Grundy were dropping to single A at the beginning of the next cycle (2007-2008) I assume they would be in the BDD if this happens.

    #1 Is there anyone that can confirm or shoot down this rumor?

    #2 If it is true how long before the Tazewell Co. schools join them in single A status (All but Richlands are already single A size and Richlands is smaller size wise than Lee and would be in a similar situation as Lee was travel wise if all the Single A sized AA schools drop.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grundy moveing to single A in 2007? *DELETED*

    Post deleted by greencrest1272
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grundy moveing to single A in 2007?

    Very true...I think with Lee and Va High moving down to single A it will make alot of AA schools re-think their AA status. Richlands would probably try to make the move to A if indeed Grundy, Tazewell and Graham were to drop down.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grundy moveing to single A in 2007?

    Well one way or the other we should all know something after the VHSL March meeting.

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Grundy moveing to single A in 2007?

    Counts made the first post.....? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grundy moveing to single A in 2007?

    LOL! I didnt even pay any attention to that. You've got me tore up on politics... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2005
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grundy moveing to single A in 2007?

    Well, that rumor fires up every couple of years, and this time isn't the first time that people involved are talking about it. I'm not saying it won't happen for 2007, but my gut tells to place my money on 2009. There's talk of a new H.S. building for us, and word is that Hurley & Council are safe from being consolidated in. But until the school board actually signs a const. contract with someone, I don't think that's a guarantee. This may only be "spin control" to minimize more rumors, or it may be the real deal.

    In any case, they've got 2 weeks to file if they're shooting for '07 without ****ing a lot of people off. If they wait til the end of the year, and bring a couple of other SWD schools down with them, the VHSL will be in a real pickle with what to do about the Blues, plus the "balance" of the new plan being thrown off-kilter before it even takes effect.

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Grundy moveing to single A in 2007?

    Just playing- you can't really take all I say serious. I'm burned by Bush cause of the oil biz , his morals are better. I've just been screwed SEVERAL times by oil, the whole country has , most just don't see it that way, and it is their right not to agree. Some jump so quick to defend ,I just can't help [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] yanking that chain.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grundy moveing to single A in 2007?

    If what I heard is correct we will know Wednesday after the VHSL exec meeting went Tilly gives it R&R update.

    As far as the other SWD teams they are not part of what I had heard just speculation on my part since all but Richlands are single A sized and Richlands are 1 or 2 new central Va schools away for single A status (I know Carol Co. is part of the SWD but are kind of the odd team out geogephy wise anyway LOL)

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Bettyboop's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2005
    Posts
    284
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grundy moveing to single A in 2007?

    I've got to ask. I thought the no. in the school was what they went by.
    :
    [img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/Betty725/d906_bBetty-Boop-Kiss-Posters.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •